Celebrating 100 Days of School

This week we greeted the 100th day of school.  As we approached this milestone, I offered related activity choices in the library after we read a book together.

Read 100 Pages 

I offered this as a team activity.  If picture books typically have 32 pages, three picture books = approximately 100 pages.  I suggested students make teams of three and read a book each.  1 team of 3 books each = 100 pages (about).  Successful teams signed the "100 Page Club" sign.  Readers could read to each other or read independently with whisper phones.


Read and Discuss 100 "Would You Rather" Cards

This activity was especially popular in 4th and 5th grade.  These social beings loved to take reading to the group level.  I had approximately 100 "Would You Rather" cards set out on the table.  Groups congregated around the table to read and discuss.

Large groups congregated here. This was a VERY popular table.


100 Things We Are Excited About

I left a large sheet of paper out to collect topics of interest of students.  It was a great way to get a sneak peek into what they are curious about.  It helps me develop programming and purchase books.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Reading Identity: Who am I as a reader?

Books as mirrors and windows (with sticky notes & reflections)!

Emoji Book Titles